According to a study by deloittethe French spent an average of 1,086 euros on online purchases in 2018, an increase of 12% compared to 2017. And the numbers only increase, since the 2020 confinement, e-commerce is extremely present in the lives of families and much of the retail trade in France.
However, as the year-end celebrations approach, online shopping will increase even more, so companies must be prepared to optimize their e-commerce logistics to satisfy their customers.
The challenges of e-commerce logistics as Christmas approaches
Christmas is a crucial time for e-merchants. O Online sales increase dramatically during this time of year. Therefore, it is crucial that e-merchants are Well prepared to deal with this increased demand.
E-commerce logistics is a crucial aspect preparing e-commerce business for Christmas. In fact, good e-commerce logistics will allow companies to effectively manage the increase in orders and deliver the products on time. In addition, good e-commerce logistics will also allow companies to minimize delivery costs and optimize customer service.
There are several factors to consider when setting up a ideal logistics for e-commerce as Christmas approaches.
- It is important to configure a server capable of supporting the flow of visitors during the holidays.
- It is absolutely crucial to ensure that the company has process allowed to ensure the storage, handling and processing of orders within a reasonable time. An efficient warehousing and delivery system will allow companies to manage orders efficiently and deliver products on time.
- The company must have a good Customer service. Efficient customer service will make it easier for customers to resolve issues when placing an order, and customers will maintain a good image of the e-merchant.
E-commerce logistics, priority for e-commerces
O Online sales increase dramatically during the Christmas period, e-commerce logistics optimization must therefore be done upstream so as not to find your head underwater. Here are our tips for optimize e-commerce logistics As Christmas approaches:
- Increase your stock: Make sure you have enough products in stock to meet customer demands. Do not hesitate to call additional suppliers if necessary.
- Optimize your processes: Streamline your pick-up and shipping processes to save time. Tools like the workshop cartsthey pallet truck where the forklifts will become essential to improve order processing details. You can discover these carts to prepare your orders.
- Communicate with your customers: Keep your customers informed about the status of their order and respect the announced delivery times. Don’t hesitate to set up a tracking system to allow them to track the progress of your order.
Mistakes to avoid in e-commerce logistics
E-commerce logistics are put to the test during the fourth quarter. To avoid mistakes and optimize e-commerce logistics, you must prepare your website and your stock upstream. Here are some mistakes to avoid to ensure a good customer experience and on-time deliveries.
Not Preparing Your Website Enough
At Christmas time, many Internet users do their shopping online. Therefore, it is crucial that your website is Optimized to meet customer demands. Make sure your website is easy to navigate and offers a smooth ordering process.
Underestimating the demand
Christmas is a time of high demand for e-merchants. Therefore, it is important to properly estimate your inventory requirements foravoid out of stock. Plan your production according to incoming orders and allow for a margin of error. Don’t wait until the last moment to order your products to avoid delivery delays.
Not providing enough staff
With the increase in orders, it is necessary to plan enough staff to handle e-commerce logistics. Make sure your teams are well organized and trained to ensure the smooth running of your site and your deliverables. Do not hesitate to turn to external service providers if necessary to meet demand.