The Startup Environmental Accelerator? A six-month acceleration program (January to June 2023) offered by Microsoft France teams in collaboration with their partners and Station F, for seven to ten startups selected in the archive.
“We are pleased to launch the second Environmental Startup Accelerator promotion and thereby strengthen the support process we have initiated with our ecosystem of expert partners. Together, we have a common goal: to accelerate technology solutions and breakthrough innovations to address the key challenges we face, explains Côme Perpère, Director of Sustainable Development at Microsoft France. That’s why we support project leaders for more sustainability. To integrate the Environmental Startup Accelerator, these projects must be active in designing technological solutions for organizations, private or public. The goal is to be able to support them in their ecological transition challenges”.
An accelerator for French and committed startups
What profile do you need to have to apply? Interested startups will have to respond to the challenges of efficiency and green transition, traceability and supply chain optimization and circular economy. The files will also be evaluated by the jury according to a series of criteria:
- The solution must be post-MVP with a first user customer
- From Seed to Serie A
- Must have a B2B model
- The company must wish to work in the Paris F Station offices with some or all of the staff (80 spaces available on site)
- Must be willing to develop your solution using Microsoft technologies (Cloud Azure, Teams, Marketplace)
- Must be built on strong technological bricks
The selected startups will defend their project by presenting it to a jury made up of experts from Microsoft and its partners. To be part of the ten winning startups, applications take place online until November 14, 2022.
More than an accelerator, the integration of a network of experts in ecological transition topics
The second promotion will be supported through technological support (tech expert, mentoring, roadmap, credits and licenses) and business support (strategy, commercial deployment, potential POCs, interaction with decision makers) completely free of charge.
” The Environmental Startup Accelerator offers concrete support to entrepreneurs who develop innovative solutions to respond to the urgency of the ecological transition. In this context, Microsoft offers technical and business support to facilitate the emergence of technological solutions for startups, as well as a privileged relationship with our ecosystem of customers and partners with whom we are proud to advance in these development projects. says Corine de Bilbao, president of Microsoft France.
Depending on the needs that will be expressed by the startups, a combination of the different partners of the group will be formed around a project to support them in their development. Among the partners of the class of 2023:
- The Ecological Transition Agency, ADEME, which will provide access to its service offering, its carbon calculation tools and its specialized content.
- The strategic and marketing consultancy, BCG, which will contribute to the construction with support around “sustainable manufacturing, interventions with the winners and organization of exchanges between the winners and their network.
- The French digital consultancy Capgemini will offer technical support, strategic and commercial advice and the possibility of carrying out prototype validation tests.
- Demeter investment fund will support winners in fundraising, field art and roadshow.
- The Solar Impulse Foundation will train those selected to obtain its seal, which gives access to the foundation’s investor network, pitching sessions, as well as communication and promotion tools.
- Global specialist in digital energy solutions and energy efficiency for sustainability, Schneider Electric, will participate through energy efficiency support and sharing its grid.
- The Suez group will invest through circular economy support and networking.
A second promotion in line with the success of the first
Last year, seven start-ups, active in CO2 reduction and offsetting themes, followed the program between January and June 2022. NamR, Lizee, nooco, Hydragonix, carbon time, Space4Good and Granular could be followed by Microsoft and by the various partners to implement their project.
For the startup Hydragonix, supported in particular by Suez, “It is thanks to the acceleration program that we contacted Suez. This allowed us to have a first industrial reference”. The concrete contribution of the Environmental Startup Accelerator is also underlined by NamR which explains that “Thanks to Microsoft and Capgemini, we were able to work on structuring programs where there are strong customer demands”. Startups were also able to share their experience of the first edition of the Environmental Startup Accelerator in a series of videos available on Youtube.
This second promotion of the Environmental Startup Accelerator comes to provide elements of response to the environmental challenges of companies. At a time when they are reinforcing their commitments, the emergence of concrete projects seems to be a necessity.