Increasingly established in our ecosystem, the e-commerce market rapid growth with a turnover of €112 billion in 2020 compared to €57 billion in 2014…
Rightly, e-commerce presents many significant advantages :
- A larger catchment area;
- A store open 24 hours a day;
- Control your fixed costs…
Far from being a fad, e-commerce seems have good years ahead thanks to our new consumption habits.
However, the democratization of e-commerce inevitably leads to more intense competition.
To exist in this market full of promise and growth, it will therefore be necessary to make yourself known!
How to promote your e-commerce in 14 steps?
Various levers are at your disposal. We will show you the most relevant ones.
1 – Optimize your site for natural referrals
With over 620 million daily Google users, natural referral is an acquisition lever to be taken very seriously. Better known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), natural referencing corresponds to your visibility in search engines.
Several actions should be performed as part of the SEO strategy. The first is to give your site technical credibility with search engines so they can send traffic to it.
2 – Feed your blog
Another lever of the SEO strategy, writing content to feed your professional blog has several benefits:
- Becoming Google’s friend: this search engine likes live sites that regularly offer new content to its users;
- Confirm your experience with your readers as well as your credibility;
- Build your notoriety: When you offer quality blog articles, they are more likely to be shared and rebroadcast.
- Create links: It will be easier to create partnerships with other bloggers and influencers as part of the netlinking that we will see next;
- Have content to offer in your email campaigns to see below as well.
3 – Write product sheets
The purpose of a product sheet is to highlight the product. It should be simple and intuitive. It contains the product description as well as the enhancement visuals.
Before embarking on the elaboration of these, several actions must be defined:
- Identify the keyword to position yourself and insert it naturally into your content. We need to find it in your h1 heading, in one of your h2 headings and in your content. Also insert it in the metadata of your pages, as well as in the ALT tag (alternative text) of your page;
- Customize your content according to your target audience. A product fiche for a professional is more technical than a product fiche for an individual. Do not copy and paste content from the supplier’s spreadsheet. Google doesn’t like that.
4 – Optimize local SEO
Local SEO is only useful if you have a physical store supported by your e-commerce.
Here are some actions to take as part of your implementation:
- Add a location to the keywords you rank for. Example: Paris 16 clothing store;
- Register with local SEO directories;
- Create your Google My Business account and ask for as much feedback from your customers and suppliers as possible.
5 – Network connection
Netlinking is the strategy that allows you to get inbound links to your website from other websites. To learn more before implementing your netlinking strategy, here are 7 ways to get quality backlinks.
6 – Send emails
Direct marketing technique, email is an advertising message sent to your target. One of the advantages of this lever is its ability to raise awareness and generate interest in your products with your customers and prospects.
Email sending is particularly useful in the context of remarketing. According to FEVAD (Federation of Ecommerce and Distance Selling), the cart abandonment rate is between 70-80%.
7 – Liven up your community on social media
The French spend an average of 2h25 on the internet per day, that is, 19 minutes more than in 2019 (an increase of 15%). Whether you’re approaching BtoB or BtoC, your target is certainly on social media:
- Identify the most relevant social networks for you (the one frequented by your target);
- Set up a publishing routine to unite your community around your brand.
8 – Set up advertising actions (SEA)
SEA (Search Engine publicity ) according to Wikipedia is the placement of subsidized answers (paid, auctioned, or fixed cost) on the results pages of a search engine (SERP), as opposed to free referencing, called natural.
The main advantage of SEA is that it gives us instant visibility while allowing you control acquisition costs.
You define the budget to be allocated to your campaigns and thanks to an auction system you get the best position.
Without a clear SEA strategy, the cost of your campaign can explode very quickly with no return on investment.
9 – Do buzz marketing (viral marketing)
Buzz marketing is a marketing technique used by marketers to get people talking about the product or brand, creating buzz. The goal is to build excitement around the product and encourage readers to share as much as possible.
The main advantages of this technique are:
- Build word of mouth around your product or brand.
- Become an ambassador: the consumer himself becomes your ambassador.
Buzz marketing works with several levers:
- content marketing
- The marketing guerrilla
- Social networks.
10 – Establish a public relationship online
Online public relations is a new editorial practice. This involves publishing a press release on publishing websites or publishing websites that specialize in your field of activity.
The advantages of this technique:
- Have an interesting link to your netlinking, thus promoting your natural referencing.
- Have an almost zero setup cost.
11 – Work in marketplaces
Amazon, Cdiscount, Aliexpress are the current leaders in e-commerce. It may even seem impossible for us to break through in this market. Your commitments are very difficult to compete with.
Thanks to its marketplaces, you will be able to benefit from its notoriety to sell your products and make your brand known to direct your next buyers directly to your e-commerce.
12 – Take advantage of affiliate sites
Same principle as marketplaces, affiliate sites play the role of matchmaker. They will promote your products in exchange for a commission if a sale is made through their website.
13 – Use price comparison sites
We are constantly looking for the best deal on the internet. What could be better than a comparison site to find the most advantageous price. Even though the frequency of comparison sites has dropped in recent years, registering when you offer discounts or high quality products will benefit you.
14 – Use private selling sites
Private sales websites aim to offer the lowest prices on the market. To do this, they assume unsold inventory is expensive. Instead of destroying it or storing it indefinitely, it would be better to sell it at a low price.
Like comparison sites, this channel allows you to sell your inventory and promote your brand.
There are a multitude of levers to promote your e-commerce. So that your efforts are better distributed and you guarantee a result, be accompanied by a professional.
About the author
|Karim Allek: WordPress, Woocommerce and SEO Strategy Consultant and Developer.
With 10 years of experience in business management in 3 agencies. I have a particular appetite for entrepreneurship. I like to take the time to understand your problems, your environment, in order to bring you that outside perspective that you so desperately need. 🙂
My Values in 3 words: Benevolence, Ethics and Humanity.
Website – LinkedIn – Coder – Facebook