1. Take care of the CTA (Call-To-Action)
You need to think about the central element of your product page: the CTA, or in other words, the call-to-action button. The most used CTA is: Add to cart. Many e-commerce sites now offer several types of calls to action: Add to Favorites, pick up in store… It also offers users other options and can help increase conversions in the short or medium term.
Tips for an effective CTA:
- Set up a visible CTA as soon as the visitor lands on the product sheet, they won’t have to scroll down to find that CTA, which is the key element for your conversions.
- Choose a single CTA color that catches your eye at a glance.
- Remember to apply a sufficiently large font size and text color that is easily readable by visitors.
2. Think about the title of the product fiche
Your article must be easy to identify by visitors, but also by search engines (SEO). Choose a title that best matches your product (name, brand, color, etc.), while carefully thinking about the main keywords to enter to optimize your natural reference. Also remember to make this headline visible on your product listing so visitors can immediately identify what it is.
3. Show a clear price
As with the CTA, the price of the product must be displayed clearly and visibly at the top of the product sheet. It is also a good idea to provide information about the different delivery methods and prices offered so that the visitor can quickly project the total price of their purchase.
4. Work on the text description of your products
Visitors will be able to get additional information about the product and this will reassure them and encourage them to make a purchase. Remember to describe the product from A to Z (size, material, colors…), offer a size guide or a user manual if necessary. To help visitors and make information clearer, use bulleted lists instead of large descriptive paragraphs.
5. Propose images that make it possible to clearly visualize the product
Very important: the look of the product. It is essential to offer multiple looks that allow the visitor to see the product from different angles and project themselves in size and volumes. You will also have to be careful that your visuals are of good quality (no fake stock photos, etc.) and authentic photos. The advantage: offering a video of the product. Consumers increasingly appreciate being able to view the product on video and this can contribute to the validation of a basket.
6. Add reinsurance elements to your product fiche
There are essential elements to reassuring your ecommerce site visitors. In your product sheets, it is relevant to display:
- Payment terms,
- transaction security,
- delivery methods,
- The estimated delivery date,
- Product information (stock, sizes, colors, etc.),
- the origin of the product,
- Customer Reviews,
- Your return policy…
7. Add messages to create a sense of urgency
You can put certain messages on your product listings to create a sense of “purchase urgency” with your visitors (no abuse, avoid misleading messages). Some examples: display available stock (number of items remaining), indicate the number of people watching this product in real time, highlight the deadline for the promotion applied to a product, etc.
8. Make sure your product page is mobile friendly
Don’t miss out on mobile conversions! To do this, make sure your product sheets are optimized for mobile browsing and that all elements are easily accessible and clickable (CTA, product description, customer reviews, etc.). It is important that visitors can place an order on mobile as easily as on desktop.
9.Offer complementary products at the bottom of the page
If the product doesn’t appeal to a visitor, consider suggesting products similar to what they’re looking at. This technique is called cross-selling. This makes it possible to retain a visitor for longer on your site, as they will consult other products that may please them, thus multiplying purchase opportunities.
10. Optimize SEO for your product listings
“It may be a detail for you, but for Google it means a lot.” You will also need to think about SEO optimization of your product listings to be better positioned in search engine results and get more traffic. Here are some tips to help you:
- Work on your tags: make sure they are well filled with the main keywords (Title, Meta Description, alternative texts for images),
- Make a unique description of the product: don’t forget to structure the description with titles (h1, h2, h3, etc.) and add keywords to answer possible queries from internet users. In particular, you can rely on keyword research tools used by SEO experts.
- Perform technical optimizations: consider improving page turn time by relying on web performance tools and also make sure the file is well indexed by search engines via Google Search Console.